Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Fingerless Gloves


I love fingerless gloves. They look so cool, and they're so practical. My cold metal desk at work freezes my forearms in the morning, so I made some to keep warm and still be able to type. Here are a few I've made. This is the first pair I made in a varigated acrylic, crocheted in a ribbing stitch.

These I made for Murphy, my five year old. He's fond of a video game called "Gruntz", in which clay "goo" creatures use gauntlets to smash rocks. He was fairly thrilled about them. Again, an acrylic in a ribbed stitch; I added a couple of popcorns to look like spikes. Which I just noticed you can't see in the picture!


These I made in microspun, in a really pretty shell stitch. I like that they're not bulky, and I made them elbow length to keep my forearms warm on that metal desk! I made a similar pair for my DMIL who has issues with arthritis and skin tears. I hope she likes them as much as I do.

These are my most recent creations, made of bamboo yarn which is so silky and wonderful to the touch. I used a front/back post stitch suggested by my spinner friend Elisa. Thanks, Elisa!

Think that's it for tonight; will work on a few more images tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're very welcome! They turned out really nicely.